Thursday, April 14, 2011

1 Timothy 4:12 - My Life Verse

        1 Timothy 4:12 is my life verse - it means so much to me... It says, "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." Sometimes for me, it seems like I can't make a difference because I'm so young - but God proves me wrong in this verse. Just because I'm only 14, God gives me opportunities to influence people. No matter how old you are, there is always someone younger (or even older) looking up to you. Whether you are 10 or 110, you have an influence on somebody!! Living with 8 people now, I have a big job - someone is always watching. I always have to remember that I am a HUGE influence on everyone in my house. They watch everything I do and hear everything I say. You are an influence to someone too. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young! (Even if you aren't, you're younger than someone, right? haha) And DON'T let anyone tell you something different! Let your life be an example for someone else to follow - in what you say, your conduct (how you act), your love, your faith, and your purity. Think about this verse constantly (Trust me, I do.). Set a good example for EVERYONE! You are an influence to someone even when you're young. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment